Upgrading to new firefox is simple and an easy method in Ubunut Linux. By default “firefox” package is available in the ubuntu linux repositories. So you can update it by using apt-get method. Please close firefox browser if you are running already.
My current version of firefox
Mozilla Firefox 28.0
Team viewer allows you to access the remote servers from your desktop/laptop. Installation of Teamviewer on ubuntu 14.04 is pretty simple. Before downloading the teamviwer package for ubuntu linux, you must aware of the your system architecture.
Use the below command to get your system architecture
x86_64 – refers 64 bit architecture
Sed command is used to perform text editing operations. Following are the few useful examples used in different conditions.
Search and Replace
To find a word or a phrase in a text file and replace it with an another word or phrase. In the below example, sed command will search the word ‘command’ in entire [...]
We are using grep command for searching content in a file. Here i’m explaining the most useful grep commands using in linux.
Example text file – I’m using this text file to explain all the below examples.
# cat lin1.txt
This is my test file.
I’m using vim editor here
- Linuxinternetworks.com [...]
Find command is used for searching files in a directory, also we can use it for some other purpose by adding additional options and parameters
Installing find software/package
For ubuntu, debian based users
apt-get install findutils
Here I’m explaining some useful find command with practical examples
1. Find the specified file in and under [...]
SSH client is a program for logging into a remote machine and for executing commands on a remote machine. It is intended to replace rlogin and rsh, and provide secure encrypted communications between two untrusted hosts over an insecure network. X11 connections and arbitrary TCP ports can also be forwarded over the secure channel.
Using custom ssh port number for ssh is a good security practice and it’s highly recommended. You can use any non usable custom port numbers and the default ssh port number is 22.
[root@linuxinternetworks ~]# cat /etc/services
This file display all the service names and it’s associated default port numbers. You can [...]
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
- How to Install/Update Firefox in Ubuntu 14.04
- Install Teamviewer in Ubunut 14.04
- Sed command examples in linux
- 16 practical examples of grep command in linux
- 20 practical examples of Linux find command
- Secure SSH server on CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu, Fedora
- How to change the port number of ssh server in linux
- Allow specific users to login via SSH
- Disable SSH password authentication in CentOS, Redhat Linux
- Setup SSH public key based authentication in CentOS, Redhat linux
- Block root login via SSH in Redhat, CentOS Linux
- Alternatives to adobe flash player in ubuntu linux
- Easy method to install Adobe Flash player in ubuntu linux
- Nagios : make: *** [check_http.o] Error 1 make: *** [all-recursive]
- Easy method to install Skype in CentOS 6.3, RHEL 6.3, Fedora 19
- Easy method to recover linux root password
- Easy method to install KDE in ubuntu 12.04
- How to disable selinux
- Change selinux to permissive
- How to check selinux status
- Get website details
- How to install nginx in ubuntu
- How to install nginx in RHEL 5
- How to install nginx in RHEL 6
- How to install nginx in centos 5