SSH client is a program for logging into a remote machine and for executing commands on a remote machine. It is intended to replace rlogin and rsh, and provide secure encrypted communications between two untrusted hosts over an insecure network. X11 connections and arbitrary TCP ports can also be forwarded over the secure channel.
Using custom ssh port number for ssh is a good security practice and it’s highly recommended. You can use any non usable custom port numbers and the default ssh port number is 22.
[root@linuxinternetworks ~]# cat /etc/services
This file display all the service names and it’s associated default port numbers. You can […]
In the previous guide I wrote about How to enable SSH Public key authentication in centos, redhat linux. In this short tutorial I’m explaining about how to remove the ssh password authentication after enabling the
Securing SSH of a server in a network is the primary task of every system admin. In the previous article I wrote about how to block root user login via ssh. This tutorials helps you to setup ssh public key based authentication.
ssh-keygen can create RSA keys for use by SSH protocol version 1 and […]
Securing SSH is an important task of every system admin. There are many options available to secure openssh service. One of the primary part of the task is blocking or deny direct root login via SSH. This guide explains you how to deny or disable or block root login via SSH in CentOS, Redhat linux […]
Secure Shell (SSH) protocol is used for secure data communication, remote shell services or command execution and other secure network services between two networked computers that it connects via a secure channel over an insecure network. This quick guide explains you how to login into remote server or client machine using SSH.
SSH login with IP address and […]
There are several ways to access the remote host from your local host. SSH ( Secure SHell ) is one of the secure method to access the remote machines on your network. This guide helps you about how to access the remote host from your local host.
1. Install […]
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
- Rhythmbox requires to install plugins to play media files of the following type: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) decoder
- How to Install/Update Firefox in Ubuntu 14.04
- Install Teamviewer in Ubunut 14.04
- Sed command examples in linux
- 16 practical examples of grep command in linux
- 20 practical examples of Linux find command
- Secure SSH server on CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu, Fedora
- How to change the port number of ssh server in linux
- Allow specific users to login via SSH
- Disable SSH password authentication in CentOS, Redhat Linux
- Setup SSH public key based authentication in CentOS, Redhat linux
- Block root login via SSH in Redhat, CentOS Linux
- Alternatives to adobe flash player in ubuntu linux
- Easy method to install Adobe Flash player in ubuntu linux
- Nagios : make: *** [check_http.o] Error 1 make: *** [all-recursive]
- Easy method to install Skype in CentOS 6.3, RHEL 6.3, Fedora 19
- Easy method to recover linux root password
- Easy method to install KDE in ubuntu 12.04
- How to disable selinux
- Change selinux to permissive
- How to check selinux status
- Get website details
- How to install nginx in ubuntu
- How to install nginx in RHEL 5
- How to install nginx in RHEL 6