Installing Linux operating system is very easy. You can install it either from CD/DVD , USB Sticks, Network or using ISO images. Here we are using Compact Disc to install the operating system on your machine. First enable the Boot from Compact Disc option in your BIOS Setting and it is must.There are numerous linux distributions are available, here we are using Redhat Enterprise Linux. It contains 5 CDs.
Insert the CD-1 and let it booting
Linux booting process
Welcome to Redhat Enterprise Linux
Select the appropriate keyboard for the system (normally all are using US English ). Click Next to continue.
Set the root user ( super user ) password.
For Beginners, automatic partitioning is recommended and click Next to proceed
The GRUB boot loader wil be installed on /dev/sda. Click Next to continue[ad#Amazon mini 4]
You may set the IP address on your on host. Let it be automatically via DHCP first. You may configure the IP address later. Click Next to continue
Enable HTTP check box in the firewall settings ( if you want enable it else leave it )
The settings are all over and click Next to fire up the installation .
Linux is format the drive and installing the fresh operating system
Take out CD-1 from the tray and insert the CD-2 to install
Installation of CD-2 is over and take out CD-2 from the tray and insert the CD-3 to install.
Do the same process for the remaining CDs too and the video hardware can be automatically detected. Click next to continue.
Your Monitor can be automatically detected.
If need fix the color depth and the resolution of the screen and select the type of login you can choose either graphical mode or text mode.
Congratulations you have been installed the Linux Operating system successfully. Remove the CD from the tray and click exit. The System will reboot now.
After rebooting the system, Linux operating system welcomes you for the final setup
Read the license agreement carefully and proceed
Set the date and time and click Next button to continue
A sound card has been detected and check the sound by clicking on the play test sound button.
The setup will register your system with an account from redhat network. I you like to register now select yes else skip this with no option
If you have any additional packages to install select the appropriate option and proceed.
The setup is finished now.
Enter the user name and password to login the account.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
- Rhythmbox requires to install plugins to play media files of the following type: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) decoder
- How to Install/Update Firefox in Ubuntu 14.04
- Install Teamviewer in Ubunut 14.04
- Sed command examples in linux
- 16 practical examples of grep command in linux
- 20 practical examples of Linux find command
- Secure SSH server on CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu, Fedora
- How to change the port number of ssh server in linux
- Allow specific users to login via SSH
- Disable SSH password authentication in CentOS, Redhat Linux
- Setup SSH public key based authentication in CentOS, Redhat linux
- Block root login via SSH in Redhat, CentOS Linux
- Alternatives to adobe flash player in ubuntu linux
- Easy method to install Adobe Flash player in ubuntu linux
- Nagios : make: *** [check_http.o] Error 1 make: *** [all-recursive]
- Easy method to install Skype in CentOS 6.3, RHEL 6.3, Fedora 19
- Easy method to recover linux root password
- Easy method to install KDE in ubuntu 12.04
- How to disable selinux
- Change selinux to permissive
- How to check selinux status
- Get website details
- How to install nginx in ubuntu
- How to install nginx in RHEL 5
- How to install nginx in RHEL 6