Music lovers always try to convert audio and video to different formats according to their devices. FFMPEG is one of the most famous command line utility for converting videos and audios. But many users don’t like this type of command line utility, they expects a GUI utility. Arista Transcoder is a free software licensed under LGPL which allows you to transcode videos into different formats suitable for PC, Android, iOS, DVD, Nokia, Web etc.,
Arista Transcoder Features
- Presets for Android, iPod, computer, DVD player, PSP, and more
- Live preview to see encoded quality
- Automatically discover available DVD drives and media
- Rip straight from DVD media easily
- Automatically discover and record from Video4Linux devices
- Support for H.264, WebM, FLV, Ogg, DivX and more
- Batch processing of entire directories easily
- Simple terminal client for scripting
- Nautilus extension for right-click file conversion
It can support MP4, WebM, Matroska, AVI, Ogg, FLV formats, It can able to transcode to H.264, VP8, MPEG4/DivX, MPEF2, Theora, Flash Video codecs and AAC, Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Speex, WAV Audio Codecs.
How to install Arista Transcoder in Linux
To install it in ubuntu linux, go to Ubuntu Software Centre and search arista then install it.
If you want to install it from source, download the source code from here.
python setup.py install